EXTRA GENTLE & MILD
If you’re someone who struggles with extra sensitive skin and scalp; who just can’t get on with shampoo bars or the ‘no poo’ method; or a person who is looking for a MUCH more sustainable way to wash their hair – then we think you’re going to love this product!
In fact, calling it a product is rather grand as this miraculous ‘shampoo’ is literally just powdered plant material. Seriously – that’s it – just the seeds from the Shikakai plant’s pods ground into a very fine powder.
No irritating preservatives, colours or fragrances; no synthetic or ‘nature-identical’ ingredients or even ones of questionable ethical origins.
Just nature doing what it does best – providing a totally natural, gentle, and balanced way for us to do what we need to do. In this case, wash our hair.
Shikakai (pronounced ‘she-ka-KAI’) has been helping people in India keep their hair and scalps clean, conditioned and comfortable for 100s if not 1000s of years.
Some of the reported benefits of this ‘Fruit for the Hair’:
- Gentle PH, doesn’t strip natural oils
- Promotes hair growth and strengthens the hair
- Natural conditioner and detangler
- Clears dandruff
- No transition period when changing to this from synthetic shampoos
HOW TO USE
We source our Shikakai powder directly from India to ensure that it is of the highest quality and ground to our exact specifications. This ensures that (unless your hair is extremely long) you should only need to use a few grams per wash, and that (unlike all other powders we’ve trialed) it rinses cleanly away.
A leaflet with more information and full usage instructions will be attached to your email order receipt.
Here is a general overview of washing options:
- Put 1-2 teaspoons in a jug or squeeze bottle before entering the shower. Fill the receptacle with water from the shower stream and either shake to disperse powder (in bottle) or use shower stream to mix (jug). Pour over head and rinse.
- Make a paste with powder and water. Bring paste into shower and apply to hair. Rinse.
- Apply powder directly to wet hair, scrub and rinse.
Conditioner/Hair oil is optional and unlikely to be required by all but those with very dry hair, following use.
Suitable for all hair and scalp types, including very sensitive. Should be suitable for use on colour treated hair, but a patch test is advisable.
Packaged in a fully recyclable, resealable kraft pouch. Minimum weight 100 grams.
Comes complete with a 9cm long, birch measuring spoon – manufactured from sustainable wood sources and home compostable!